Thursday 20 January 2011

Final Set Design

Due to the Theatre Royal having quite a small stage I had to condense the room from my initial idea, making the space in between scenery/props much smaller, and in some cases not including certain bits. I decided not to make the staircase stretch all the way from one side of the stage to the other. Instead have it start from the middle of the stage.


Idea for window scene
For the staircase I'm looking at making a straight edged one rather than it being curved.
Initially I had thought about having a black and white set, with the only colour visible being red. However I thought this would be more obvious to a Film Noir set. Plus I could still create a dingy, dim set using dull colours and lighting. So I decided to use dim colours like browns, greys, and blacks. I wanted the wallpaper to be quite light so that the dirt would show up on it more. And I will also be having splashes of red colour in the set. For example, a red carpet and a couple of red books. I knew what I wanted to display, but I couldn’t get it down on paper. I would just have to start making the scenery and props and see where it would lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment